PraiseMoves Correspondence Program
We have decided to begin a new program
for those interested in becoming Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPIs) who
live outside of the
The application for the PraiseMoves Correspondence Program is the same as the PraiseMoves Instructor program, and is available at www.praisemoves.com/teachercertification.htm . The differences between the regular CPI certification and the CPI correspondence course are outlined below:
1. Applicants in countries outside of the U.S. and Canada will need to secure ONE of the following before they are considered to be a fully qualified Certified PraiseMoves Instructor:
Group Exercise Instructor Certificate, OR Aerobic Instructor Certificate
- or similar hands-on training physical education instructor training (not via correspondence or the internet) from a reputable training institute. While a Personal Trainer certificate is also good to have, one would not learn how to lead an exercise class as one learns in Group Exercise or Aerobic Instructor training.
Since the PraiseMoves Correspondence Training Course is CORRESPONDENCE and NOT "hands-on" (in other words, applicants would NOT be traveling to the U.S. for the Certification training -- and a CPI Trainer would NOT be traveling to the applicant's country), it is important that applicants have SOME sort of physical training certificate which they earned "hands-on" (in a classroom-type setting, or a series of workshops, with a physical instructor in the room with them) instead of "over the internet" or "through the mail."
We hope applicants understand we want
our CPIs in countries outside of
A Group Exercise OR Aerobic Instructor Certificate would be especially helpful to applicants in learning how to "cue" students for exercises - these sort of things are learned best "hands-on" in a workshop or classroom setting with a qualified instructor present in the room with them, demonstrating techniques and correcting as needed.
Like the standard CPI Certification, you will need to secure a CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) card or its equivalent before your Certification can be considered valid.
2. $30 extra to cover postage and
telephone fees - Total = $325.00 in US dollars. The extra $30
studying the materials and taking the Certification Test, CPI trainees will
send their teaching video to the PraiseMoves office in the
Video outline for the one Hour PraiseMoves class
1 minute Begin with group prayer
14 minutes Walkin' Wisdom Warm-ups
30 minutes PraiseMoves Postures
5 minutes Scripture Sequence (either Lord's Prayer or Ps 23)
3 minutes PraiseMoves Alphabetics (1 posture)
7 minutes WWJD relaxation
This outline is patterned after the 60-minute workout in PraiseMoves, the Christian Alternative to Yoga DVD.
The video is reviewed, and then corrections/suggestions emailed to the student who would then re-tape the teaching video (if necessary).
4. The Certification ceremony: PraiseMoves Founder, Laurette Willis will call the CPI trainee to personally certify and pray for the new CPI over the phone.
5. CPI Trainees are given 6 months to complete the program (most will complete it long before that). Those attending Certification Weekends often complete the materials in 6-8 weeks. If dire circumstances necessitate it taking longer than 6 months, the Trainee must let PraiseMoves know in writing before the 6-month deadline so other arrangements can be made. If the CPI Trainee does not let PraiseMoves know by the 6-month deadline, they may need to re-apply for Certification.
6. Like the standard CPI Certification, CPI Correspondence Trainees need to submit a copy of a card showing their proficiency in CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) or its equivalent in their country. They will also need to submit a photo with their application.
Ongoing support and fellowship are available from the PraiseMoves home office and via the CPI Forum, a free Yahoo group open to CPIs for advice, fellowship and prayer.
Applicants may fill out the application (at www.praisemoves.com/teachercertification.htm ) and send it to the PraiseMoves office at the address given on the Teacher Application page with check or money order in U.S. funds, or they can email the office a scanned-in signed copy of the application with their photo, and you can send funds via PayPal to our email address email@example.com .
We are looking forward to hearing from you. We're excited about the possibility of having PraiseMoves classes available in your area - as I'm sure you are, too!!!
Feel free to call me in the
May God richly bless you,